Spider Control 101: Addressing Spider Problems In Brandon
February 15, 2023 - Spiders
Are the spiders in Brandon dangerous? Why do they enter homes and businesses? What can Brandon pest control do about them? We wrote this post to answer these questions about these and other spider problems in Brandon. Read on, learn the facts, and call Friendly Pest Solutions when you need a hand fighting pests.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Spiders
There are over 45,000 types of spiders in the world today. But even across so many different species, careful observers will recognize shared behaviors. Here are just a few you might notice:
- Excellent eyesight: Spiders can see just as well in well-light areas as they can in the dark. Though they like to stay hidden in shady areas, they don't fear the light. You may find them spinning webs near light bulbs trying to catch prey.
- Not social: Most (but not all) spiders avoid socializing with others. Some will go so far as to attach other spiders. However, the species that do associate can live in massive colonies and will help each other hunt.
- Dietary needs: Spiders do not eat solids and must break down their prey first. They first cover their intended meal with digestive fluid.
Spiders can be fascinating to watch, but that doesn't mean they should be in your home. Let our technicians from Friendly Pest Solutions safely and quickly remove spiders before they cause problems.
Are All Spider Bites Dangerous?
When it comes to humans, spiders only bite when they feel threatened. They don't feed on us like other pests and don't otherwise seek us out. Still, their bites can be painful. But are they dangerous?
Only a few entries in the list of Florida spiders are dangerous to humans. These include the black widow, the false black widow, and the brown recluse. These species have more potent venom than most other varieties. Black widow bites, particularly, are noteworthy because their venom is powerful enough to kill humans (though it rarely does).
Call on us if you're unsure what spiders you're dealing with. Our Friendly Pest Solutions specialists will reveal what sort of spiders you're dealing with and whether or not they could harm you or your family. Schedule a free inspection today.
Easy And Effective Spider Prevention Tips
To keep spiders outside, you need to know what brings spiders inside. As with other pests, spiders come in looking for food. You can remove food sources with these easy steps:
- Reconsider lights at night: Many bugs are attracted to light, and spiders use this to their advantage. To avoid attracting spiders, reconsider which lights you use at night to prevent luring their prey toward (or inside) your home.
- De-web around your house: Spiders move to a new hunting location when a web fails to catch prey. Removing webs will have the same effect.
- Be careful with food handling and storage: Spiders aren't as likely to feed on your crumbs, but their prey will. This step can significantly reduce the presence of all bugs in your home while depriving spiders of their food sources.
We can help you establish a strong home defense for spiders. During inspection and treatment, our Friendly Pest Solutions specialists will explain what attracted spiders to your home and how you can change that. With our help, you'll be able to prevent another infestation.
The Best Professional Spider Control In Brandon Learn
The best way to get rid of spiders is with professional home pest control services, and Friendly Pest Solutions has the best in Brandon. Our team dedicates itself to providing all customers with the courtesy and respect that they, and their homes, deserve. From inspection to treatment, we partner with you to meet your pest control needs. Call today to schedule your free inspection. We want to hear from you!